Whatsapp’s option Signal on laptop and computer: Are you wondering how to use your Signal account on laptop or computer? If yes … then this article is going to help you today.
This app allows users to send and receive messages as well as make voice and video calls. This app has attracted the attention of most people due to its enhanced security, which comes from the open-source Signal Protocol.
Apart from this, Signal also offers several privacy features, including dispensing messages, screen security, and registration locks, etc.
With all these features, the Signal app is giving a tough competition to apps like WhatsApp and Telegram. Signal claims that messages accessed on laptops and computers will remain completely private on the signal.
Like WhatsApp, you must also keep the Signal app on your phone. But the use of signal on laptops and computer is slightly different from WhatsApp Web.
The signal does not have a web client, due to which it is limited to desktop apps. This means that you cannot access the message on the signal using a web browser. For this, you will have to download and install its native app on your laptop and computer.
The Signal Desktop app is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. This will require at least 64-bit Windows 7, macOS 10.10, or APT such as Ubuntu or Debian to support 64-bit Linux distribution.
To use Whatsapp’s option Signal on laptop and computer, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
How to use Signal on your laptop or PC?
- First download Signal on your desktop.
- Now install the downloaded Signal Desktop. Follow the prompts shown on the screen to install the download app on Windows laptops and computers. But if you are using macOS, then you will have to remove it from the signal and go to the Applications folder and install it. Linux users have to install it on the device following the guidelines shown on the screen.
- After installation, Signal Desktop has to be linked to your phone, for which you have to scan the QR code coming on the laptop or computer screen. To scan the QR code, you have to open the signal settings of your Android or iPhone smartphone. Then tap on Linked Devices and then click on the (+) sign.
- You can also choose the name of your linked device.
- Now click on the Finish button and complete the process.
Also read this post:
I hope now you can use signal app on your computer or laptop, if you find this post helpful please do share this post on social media, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and all.